TEN: "Striving for financial
stability through education"
Strategic Vision of TEN:
To impact the lives of the individuals and families seeking bankruptcy
protection by providing educational programs that will enhance self-esteem,
teach financial management skills, and enable the debtor to regain control
of his/her financial future.
The Ultimate Goal of TEN:
To develop, promote, and establish debtor education programs in every
Chapter 13 Trustee Office in the United States.
For the Trusteeship, TEN seeks:
- To provide a core curriculum ensuring the quality and uniformity of
educational programs nationwide.
- To assist local Chapter 13 Trustees in locating facilities, hiring
and/or training instructors, supplying materials, and facilitating data
- To gather statistical data and to conduct nonpartisan research in
order to ascertain the impact of these programs.
For the Chapter 13 Debtors, TEN strives:
- To provide personal financial management education and credit rehabilitation services.
- To introduce experts in money management.
- To provide the guidance and knowledge necessary for successful credit
reestablishment after completing a Chapter 13 plan.
- To instill the self confidence crucial to regaining financial control and
ultimately to a successful rehabilitation.
For the Creditor Community, TEN provides:
- A liaison whereby creditors can become involved in the Chapter 13
process and actively participate in the education program.
- An increase in the completion of repayment plans improving
recoveries to unsecured creditors in Chapter 13 plans.
- To develop and promote pre-filing quality programs for all those